Who is a Big?
A Big is an adult who, along with parents, provides young people with support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement and constructive example. Mentors are good listeners, people who care, people who want to help young people bring out strengths that are already there.
Application Process - For individuals living in the BVI ONLY!
- Form Filled Out
- Voluntary background check is performed
- Internal interview process with SDD Team / Coordinator
- Letter sent to potential Mentor letting them know Application status
- Mentoring Training with SDD
- Mentor matched with potential mentee.